2016-2017 Opening Day Announcement
— Posted by Park City on November 23, 2016
November 23, 2016 UPDATE
We have been working hard to prepare our mountain for Opening Day and we are excited to kick off our second season as one resort this weekend! Here are our Opening Day plans:
* The Park City base is scheduled to open on Saturday, November 26 at 10:00 am (please note that we will resume our regular opening of 9:00 am after Saturday).
*PayDay Lift with Homerun
*First Time Lift with Turtle Trail
* Canyons Village is targeted to open in the days shortly after the Park City base. We will update parkcitymountain.com with the most up-date-information.
Thank you and we look forward to another amazing season!
November 14, 2016 UPDATE
We announced today that our opening day, originally planned for Friday, November 18, will be rescheduled to Saturday, November 26. “Park City Mountain is dedicated to providing our guests the best early-season ski and ride experience,” said Park City Mountain’s chief operating officer, Bill Rock. “While unseasonably warm weather has not made it possible for recent snowmaking operations, our team is ready to fire up the snow guns at every opportunity as weather gets cooler. We look forward to opening as soon as we feel we can provide our guests with good quality snow conditions.”
According to Open Snow forecaster Evan Thayer, the forecast looks to shift in favor of skiers and snowboarders, including a cold storm later this week that leaves us with “decent accumulations possible in the mountains”. He adds, “We finally have a long-range outlook that features good news. Additional storms are possible through the end of the month.”
“It’s important to remember that during the 2008-09 season, Park City Mountain rescheduled opening day to after Thanksgiving and ended up with 444 inches at the Jupiter snow stake. The average at that stake is 357 inches,” Rock added.
If you have questions about upcoming reservations that you have booked with us for arrival in the next few days please reach out to us at:
- If you have booked lodging via Park City Mountain Central Reservations please reach out to us at 435-214-0601
- If you have booked lift tickets at 435-658-5530
- If you have booked Ski & Snowboard School at 435-658-5530