— Posted by Park City on April 2, 2015
EpicPromise is a Vail Resorts-wide initiative to support sustainability within our local communities. At Park City Mountain Resort and Canyons Resort this means preserving our natural environments and contributing to the success of Park City.
During EpicPromise week we’re getting together as communities, employees and guests to ignite our passion for the outdoors, conserve the natural environment and support our local communities for a bright, sustainable future.
What Are We Doing?
* Since 2005 the snowmaking department has reduced their carbon footprint by more than 1,100 tons per year. More efficient snowmaking machines and system changes and upgrades have resulted in approx. 15 percent reduction in energy use. They continue to make changes and test system and snow machine technology advancements to further reduce the energy demand.
* Since 2005, Park City Mountain Resort has reduced its carbon footprint by more than 70,000 tons -- that's like taking 14,000 cars off the road for an entire year.
* Since 2008, Park City Mountain Resort has recycled more than 672,000 pounds of steel, cardboard and co-mingled materials.
* Since being installed in 2012, Park City Mountain Resort's water filling stations have eliminated consumption of more than 35,000 water bottles. Guests can contribute by using the filling station outside Jupiter Java inside Legacy Lodge.
* New solar arrays were installed on the ticket office roof and Legacy Lodge roof in the summer of 2013. To date, they have generated more than 64,000 kilowatt hours, enough to power an average home for almost 6 years.
* Through the EpicPromise Grant Program, Vail Resorts give more than $7 milliion in cash and in-kind support to more than 250 nonprofit partners in local communities each year.