Park City Foodie Series #5
— Posted by Park City on March 31, 2017
Over a few short years, mountain dining has changed significantly at Park City Mountain. It began when Vail Resorts first began managing Canyons, remodeling the popular Cloud Dine restaurant and upgrading various menus at other locations on the mountain. After merging our resorts to become one, the same commitment to the on-mountain dining experience has been expanded across the entire resort with the introduction of the brand new Miners Camp restaurant, upgraded menus and the remodeled Red Pine Lodge. The day of soggy French fries and thin hamburger patties are over, Park City’s goal is to keep you fueled and healthy to ski all 7,300 acres without a mid-day slump.
This winter we'll be sharing some of our recipes with you in a series called the Park City Alpine Foodie Series. This week we're making Lookout Cabin's Braised Lamb Osso Bucco. Lookout Cabin is Park City's only on-mountain sit down restaurant, known for its table-served Rocky Mountain cuisine and incredible views. Lookout Cabin offers a lunch menu and full-service bar. For reservations, call (435) 615-2892.
Braised Lamb Osso Bucco
4 each lamb osso bucco
1 pound onion (chopped)
1 pound carrots (chopped)
1 pound celery (chopped)
1 batch braising liquid (recipe below)
1 batch saffron spaetzl (recipe below)
1 pound baby carrots
1 batch pistachio gremolata
- Season lamb liberally with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy - bottomed roasting pan on high heat. Place lamb osso bucco in hot oil and sear on all sides until nicely browned, then set aside.
- In same pot sauté onions, carrots and celery for 10 minutes
- Place lamb osso bucco on top of sautéed vegetables and add braising liquid to cover. Bring liquid to a boil.
- Place pan in oven at 250 degrees for 3 hours and cook until tender and meat almost falls off the bone.
- Remove lamb from pot and and strain vegetables from liquid. Reduce liquid in half to use for sauce.
- Serve with spaetzli, roasted baby carrots, braising sauce, and top with pistachio gremolata.
Lamb Braising Liquid:
1 gal veal stock (can use beef broth)
10 each garlic cloves
2 pound roma tomatoes (halved)
.25 box red wine
1 oz black peppercorns
1 oz parley
.5 cup milk
.5 cup water
1 tsp salt
4.5 cup flour
- Combine eggs, milk and water- beat with whisk
- Add salt and saffron
- Add flour in 2 parts. Beat until smooth
- Rest 30 minutes
- Press through spaetzli maker into boiling water and cook for about 2 minutes. Transfer into ice water to cool.
- Toss with oil and store.
2 tbs pistachio (finely chopped)
2 tbs parsley (finely chopped)
2 tbs mint (finely chopped)
2 tsp lemon zest
1/8 tsp salt
1 clove garlic (minced)
- Combine all ingredients and mix.