Record Numbers Participate in Park City's EpicPromise Day
— Posted by Park City on September 29, 2015
The sixth annual EpicPromise day proved to be a huge success in our community as more than 200 Park City employees, family and friends gathered at the Swaner Preserve Saturday Morning September 19, 2015 to help improve stream quality and the habitat for local native cutthroat trout. Projects for the day included a variety of stream improvement projects including conifer revetments, willow harvesting and planting, weed cutting, and trash pickup.
By The Numbers:
- 1,600 Willows planted in eroding stream banks and meadows.
- 3 artificial beaver ponds created in Mormon Flat (lower East Canyon Creek) by building beaver analog structures.
- Over 50 trash bags of litter and thistle seed heads collected in the Swaner Preserve and NewPark area.
- Nearly 1 mile of stream health improved via macrophyte removal.
- 100+ recycled Christmas trees used for stream bank enhancements.
View our recap of the day's accomplishments below!
Big thanks to all of our volunteers, Swaner EcoCenter, Trout Unlimited and East Canyon Watershed Commitee for your help.